Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
To login from off-campus, you will need your eServices username (w+student ID) and password.
Simple searches of one or two words work best for these databases.
In-depth reports on current social and political issues.
Background information from general and subject encyclopedias.
Viewpoint articles on current social issues and controversial topics.
Click here to access all of the library's databases.
Find books, articles, ebooks and more
OneSearch is exactly what its name implies: one place to search for many different kinds of sources -- including books, eBooks, scholarly articles, news articles, videos, and more!
Basic Search Tips
- 3-5 keywords often works well
- Take advantage of the limiters on the left of your search results to get current and relevant results.
- Try different keywords (think synonyms)
- Put exact phrases in quotation marks but remember SPELLING COUNTS!
- “time management”
- “social media"
- Brainstorm some additional search terms
- equal rights: equality, social justice, suffrage
- philanthropy: altruism, charity, generosity, endowment
- Use operators to link ideas and narrow/broaden your search
- “driver's license” AND elderly
- “death penalty” OR “capital punishment”
- “united states” NOT europe
- Use an asterisk (*) to expand your search to other variations of a root word
- succe* - returns results for "success", "successful", "succeed", etc.
- determin* - returns results for "determined", "determination", etc.