Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Kanopy database is a dynamic resource that is updated regularly to improve usability. Screen shots are provided to give an overview. The interface you access may be slightly different from the images provided in this guide. In those cases, look for similar labels to achieve your desired goal.
Create an Account
In order to use the features described on this page, you must first create a free account. Follow these steps:
- Click "Sign Up" in the upper right
- Enter your name, email address, and create a password
- Click "Sign Up"
OR - you may create your account using your Facebook or Google account.
Saving & Sharing Content
You can create a playlist of full-length videos or custom clips and share them with other Los Rios users or an entire class. In order to use this feature you must have a Kanopy account (see instructions on left). Follow these steps:
- Click the "Create Clip/Playlist" link under the video
- Title to your playlist
- Click "Create"
Note: Your playlists are located in the "Dashboard" section of your account.
- If you've already named a playlist, click the "Create Clip/Playlist" link under the video
- Find the appropriate playlist title below the video and click "Add Video"
You can create custom clips to be added to playlists and shared with with other Los Rios users or an entire class. In order to use this feature you must have a Kanopy account (see instructions on left). To create a custom clip, you must first add the video to a playlist (see first tabbed box of this section). Then, follow these steps:
- Click "Edit playlist" link under the video
- Click "Edit" to the right of the video
- Title your clip
- Enter a description (optional) of your custom segment
- Click play on the video and use the scroll bar at the bottom to find your starting point
- When the video is at the point at which you want your clip to start, click "Capture" next to the start time frame - this will automatically populate the starting point time code
- When the video is at the point at which you want your clip to end, click "Capture" next to the stop time frame - this will automatically populate the ending point time code
- Click "Save Clip." Custom clips are also housed in the "Dashboard" section of your account.
Every full-length video, custom clip, and playlist can be shared with a link.
- Click the "Share/embed" button at the bottom of any full-length video, custom clip, or playlist.
- Copy the link in the "Share Link" box
- Paste the link in the desired location (email, Canvas, etc.)