Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Create an Account
In order to use the features described on this page, you must first create a free account. Follow these steps:
- Click "My Films" in the upper task bar
- Click "Create an Account"
- Enter your name, username, email address, and create a password
- Select content areas to be notified about when new videos are added to the database
- Click "Create Account"
Saving & Sharing Content
You can create a playlist of segments, full-length videos, or more and share them with other Los Rios users or an entire class. Follow these steps:
- Click the "Playlist" link under the video
- Select "Add Full Title" to add the entire video, "Add All Segments" to add each individual segments, or choose the segments you prefer.
- If you've already named your playlist, select it from the dropdown menu and click "Add to Playlist." If not, name it and click "New Play List."
Note: A playlist will automatically populate in a folder. Both are located in the "My Films" section of your account.
You can create folders of favorite segments, full-length videos, or both.
Follow these steps:
- Click the "Favorites" link under the video
- If you've already named your folder, select it from the dropdown menu and click "Add to Folder. If not, name it and click "New Folder."
Note: You can share your Favorites and Playlists from the "My Films" section of your account.
You can create custom clips to be added to playlists, favorites, and shared with with other Los Rios users or an entire class. In order to use this feature you must have a Films on Demand account (see instructions on left) and disable the proxy on your library's databases page. To do this:
- Go to the library's databases page where you access Films on Demand. In the lower right, disable the proxy by clicking Remove proxy (for troubleshooting access problems).
- In the General section, click the link to the Films on Demand database
- Log in using your Films on Demand credentials
Once you've disabled the proxy and logged into your Films on Demand account, you can create custom clips. Follow these steps:
- Click the "Segment" link under the video
- Enter the start time and end time of your clip using the time code under the video to guide you. Use this format 00:00:00 (hour, minute, second)
- Set a thumbnail image (optional) - this will be what others see before they play the clip
- Title your custom segment
- Enter a description (optional) of your custom segment
- Click "Create Segment"
- Clips are created almost instantaneously, but you may see a spinning wheel that indicates the webpage is still working. Refresh your browser and you should see your custom clip at the end of the film's segments on the right. Custom clips are also housed in the "My films" section of your account.
Every full-length video, segment, custom segment, and playlist comes with a pre-configured URL for sharing and linking. You cannot just copy and paste the URL in the top of your browser's address bar. You must use the URL generated from inside the database. Follow these steps:
- Click the "Embed/Link" button near any full-length video, segment, custom segment, playlist, or favorites folder. This generates the permanent URL to your video(s) to use when sharing.
- Click the "Copy" link next to the "Record URL" box
- Paste the link in the desired location (email, D2L, Canvas, etc.)
Note: You can also email videos, playlists, and clips directly from Films on Demand by clicking the "Share" button in step one, but you must manually enter email addresses and messages.